1. What is required to rent a car with Alamo?
- The customer has to be at least 23 years old.
- Credit card with available funds from $ 500.000 for rental guarantee .
- Panamanian Citizens: ID and Driver’s licence.
- Foreign citizens: Valid ID or passport and driver’s licence or international driver’s licence from country of origin.
2. Is it necessary to provide a guarantee when picking up the vehicle?
- It is a mandatory requirement to provide a credit card as guarantee. Any other form of payment will not be accepted as guarantee.
3. When i reserve my car, do i have to pay for it in advance?
- A reservation is free of charges. The rental payment will be made when you return the car.
4. Which are the valid form of payment?
- Credit cards as American Express, Mastercard, Visa are accepted.
- Debit cards, checks and cash are not accepted as guarantee.
5. What are the basic coverages?
- CDW: Colision and Theft Partial Waiver.
- DAT: Third Party Liability.
6. Which are the coverages available and what do they include?
- CDW Collision Damage Waiver: Covers damages to the rented car and total theft. This coverage does not exempt payment of the deductible (up to $2,500.00).
- TPC Third Party Coverage: It exempts clients from paying damages caused to third persons or property, if liable for it.
- DW Deductible Waiver: For a minimum rate, clients are exempted from deductible payment in case of collision.
- PAC Personal Accidents Coverage: Also for a minimum rate, in case of an accident clients will have a medical coverage.
- WTC Windshield & Tires Waiver: Covers breakage of tires, rims (or wheels) and glasses of the vehicle..
- SDW Super Deductible Waiver: Cover clients in case of overtuning, hit and run, collision against fixed object. Also included in this coverage protection against breakage of tires, rims, and glasses of the car. Police report is mandatory.
- SLW Supplemental Liability Waiver: Offers a Liability up to $300,000.00
- RAP Road Assistance Program: Provides 24/7 road assistance in cases of cars locked with keys inside, power pass when battery looses charge, change of tires or emergency refueling. It´s added automatically to the rental agreement although the lient can decline it in which case client will be charged for necessary road side assistance. Response time will vary depending on time and place where assitance is required.
7. How long are reservations held?
- Reservations are kept up to 2 hours after the requested time of pickup. After that time, the vehicle will be made available for other rentals. Exceptions are for customers notifying any delay prior original scheduled time calling to our Call Center at (507) 236-5777.
8. Is there any additional charge to the rate published in the web site?
- For all rentals originating at Tocumen International Airport a charge of 12% over time and Kilometer will apply as Airport Service Fee.
- For all rentals originating at Marcos A. Gelabert Airport in Albrook and Enrique Malek Airport in David, the Airport Service Fee will be 6%.
9. Can i return the car in another city?
- The Drop off is the charge that applies when the rented vehicle is returned in a different location than retirement.
- Tocumen International Airport to any of our offices in Panama City and vice versa: $ 15.00
- From any of our offices at Hotel Royal Decameron Costa Blanca and vice versa: from $ 75.00.
- From any of our offices to David, Chiriquí and vice versa: US $ 190.00.
10. Are there fuel charges?
- The vehicle is delivered with a full fuel tank and must be returned likewise. Otherwise, there is an additional charge.